Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving

Posted by Melinda C at 10:51 PM
This year, I was given the job of baking pies for Thanksgiving.  I was supposed to make 3 pumpkin pies (from scratch) and 2 apples pies (also from scratch).  I have no problem baking all these pies, I mean, I like to bake. 

However, my parents called me this morning and told me that I don't have to bake any pies (since I've been sick) and that they will buy all the pies.  I am appalled.  I mean, not to toot my own horn or anything but my pies, especially my apple pies, are amazing.  I have won and kept many boyfriends because of my pies (maybe lost a few due to my cooking but that's another story).  I mean, Anthony asks (sometimes begs) me to make apple pies almost every week.  I don't only because an apple pie every week would make Anthony one fat papa!!

After a lot of bickering of the phone, I finally agreed that my brother could make the apple pies and I would make the pumpkin pies.  I did make them swear they would use my recipe though since no other apple pie has stacked up to mine.  I am sad though, that I will not get to make the cute little flower cut out design on top like I always do with little heart crust cutouts on top =(

I will post pictures of my pumpkin pies tomorrow though!!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
 

3 Dogs and a Baby Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea