Thursday, September 29, 2011

Baby and School Dilemma

Posted by Melinda C at 11:35 PM
So there is one thing I've been thinking about recently.  Between my mom, husband, and I, we've all been able to work our schedules out so that I can still work 3-4 days a week, go to school full time, and make it so my hubby can work his desired schedule.  However, despite all this, I'm still forced to skip a class on Fridays.  It wouldn't be a big problem aside from the fact that it's organic chemistry.  It may quite possibly be one of the hardest classes in my whole college career.  I've been thinking about bringing the baby to school with me.  Overall, he's a good baby and doesn't cry much.  I'm sort of in a predicament here.  I'm contemplating just bringing him and telling the teacher it was either skip class or bring the baby.  If he doesn't cry, I can't imagine it being a problem.  What do you think?  Is this a horribly awful idea (worst idea ever)?  Of course, all of the younger girls in my class (since I'm unfortunately the oldest) are so excited for me to bring him!

*UPDATE*

So I ended up bringing Monkey to school with me.  None of my professors had any problems with him.  My first professor (a woman) was very excited and just wanted to see him and hold him after class.  My second teacher showed me pictures of his grandkids and just asked me not to breastfeed in class because it would be a distraction.  My third teacher told me that it was okay because his students cry during his exams and apparently college students used to bring dogs to class with them?  I've never heard of that before!  Of course, a lot of the kids loved him.  But along with all of the "aww's", I did get quite a few weird looks and even some exclamations, "Is that a real baby?!?!"  Obviously, I'm not going to make this a regular thing where I bring the baby to class with me every day..but it's nice to know that if I absolutely have to, I can.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
 

3 Dogs and a Baby Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea