Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I don't know who's idea it was..

Posted by Melinda C at 2:02 PM
To put an air conditioner vent directly underneath this computer desk.  I'm sitting here in the IC (kind of a huge computer/work study lab at school), in a private study room..pumping.  Since I don't think many 18-20 year old college students would be okay with seeing this, I sit all alone in a room with my back to the windows so nobody can see me and I do homework on the computer station in the room.  Most of the time, it's fine.  However, in this room, it sucks.  There is an air conditioner vent directly underneath  me and I am FREEZING.  First off, who's idea was it to put the AC on in February, in Chicago, when our school is literally ON the lake?  It's never hot by the school since we always have a "breeze" (Breeze is an understatement, my car door was almost blown off one day!).  It is cold...also an understatement.  And second, who would put a computer directly over a vent? In case you did have the heat on, it would just cause the computer itself to overheat! 

If you're wondering why our school puts vents on the ground, it's this whole concept that they only heat and/or cool the floors to a height of about 6 ft.  Since nobody is walking around in the space at the top of the ceiling, it's pointless to care if it's hot or cool..so pointless to heat or cool it and waste energy.  Overall, the building is pretty cool because of that, along with the fact that the blinds are light activated so that they close when the sun would be in your eyes...and the walls are all windows.


Anyway, I realize that I'm a little behind on my Photo-a-Day challenges!  I haven't had time recently, plus it was our anniversary last night so we opted for a movie.  We were going to go out for dinner but my mom missed the memo that it was our anniversary and decided to make dinner for us.  It was a nice gesture I guess but, still, everyone wants to have a special anniversary!!  I'll try and post something tonight after I get off work, we'll see how I feel in terms of exhaustion!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
 

3 Dogs and a Baby Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea